Are you passionate about literature? Do you love engaging people on social media? Can’t surf, tweet, post or comment enough? Do you read Spanish fluently? We are looking for you!
After getting enthusiastic reactions from the public and the media in Madrid, we are now looking to expand our community of book tasters to other cities around the world. For that purpose, we are looking for a smart and enthusiastic intern who is interested in helping to build, manage and grow our English speaking community through our website and engaging readers on social media. The intern will help us translate our existing website into English, develop content and be actively involved in the social media/marketing campaign to drive traffic to the site.
This is a part time internship (10–20 hours/week), unpaid and it could be either on-site or virtual. Minimum commitment for at least 3 months.
- Translate main sections of our website from Spanish to English.
- Write, edit and publish content related to literature on different social media platforms and select images to pair with the written content
- Research to find content about interesting literary initiatives and literary curiosities and post it to our social media accounts in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Engage key target audiences to build site traffic.
- Write posts on our blog on literary curiosities, unique bookshops around the world, original initiatives to promote literature and share the pleasure of books and reading, etc.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Strong writing abilities
- Ability to translate from Spanish to English
- Extensive experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.)
- Passionate about books and literature
- Has an eye for design and knows what images will grab reader’s attention
- Comfortable using Social Media Analytics
- Photoshop / Illustrator skills
- Educational background in journalism, literature, English or creative writing
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “INTERNSHIP APPLICATION: Your Name” by midnight (PST) on Sunday, 15 April 2018:
- A cover letter explaining why you’d like to do an internship with BookTasting
- Your resume
- Complete the social media test below (copy and paste into a new document).
BookTasting Social Media Test
- Write, in English, a Facebook post and a Tweet about this article: Cata de Libros: el nuevo modo de encontrar pareja
- Write a tweet and a Facebook post encouraging readers to come to our book tasting events
- Translate into English this short text taken from our website: http://bit.ly/2FcQfMi
Dejanos tu comentario